Take a Stitch Tuesday and 1 Stitch a day


Sharon B shows us the Fancy Herringbone Stitch this week.  I have not tried this stitch previously and gave it a go, top photo.  However I stopped one step short of actually completing the stitch.  I have a  couple of reasons for that.  First, I like way it looks as is.  Second, the third step is to loop thread through the crosses and I find looping difficult to get right.  Not only that but even if I do get the looping even/correct it can move around after I am finished.
The second photo is my January take a stitch a day project.  The goal was to do 31 different flowers.  Not all of the flowers are different but I did learn some new things and I am pleased with this piece.  I had fun doing it.

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
Looped stitches ARE difficult and the loops tend to shift a lot. I have not tried this stitch either and will have to have a go at it.
Your January flowers are impressive.
chitra said…
nice. work. I also found looping to be shifting quite a bit, and assumed it is because of the polyester thread. the flowers are lovely.
chitra

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday