bead journal project for August

I started by making the base fabric.  It has silk, dryer sheet, fancy yarns, threads, sheer fabric, hand painted fabric,fancy fabrics, glitter and paper in it.  I used a watered down glue to hold it all together.  I cut this piece from the larger piece that I created.  It's hard to tell but there are some gaps and holes in this piece that I quite like.
I think the beading adds nicely to it.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was not difficult to to needle through this fabric.

Comments

bubbygigi said…
Angela, I love your choice of colors. The way that you placed the pieces makes the eye travel around your piece in a pleasant way. Your beading accents the entire piece. I really liked it. Gita
Diane Lithgow said…
very nice. I like creating the backgrounds as well instead of just using a piece of fabric.
diane, New Zealand
Anonymous said…
This is very creative, and I especially like it because it has some of my favorite colors too.
loVe2cre8 said…
What a pretty selection of fabrics.
Robin said…
The different textures and colors work beautifully together and the bugle beads make the whole piece flow!

Robin A.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday