alcohol ink on metal tape


Just some more fun with alcohol inks!  I love them and I want every color!  I always want all the colors. 
I applied gesso to the tag with a texture comb.  I then applied plummer's metal tape after the gesso dried.  I love the texture.  I then applied the alcohol inks.  I think it looks pretty cool.  What do you think?
I've made a bunch of tags today.  I'm thinking I will copy my sister in the way that she stored/displayed some of her tags.  Check out her blog at
http://love2cre8-love2cre8.blogspot.com

Comments

Nancy said…
I love this tag! And the technique ... way cool! I was at Lowe's today - I knew I forgot something - the metal tape! I've seen Tim use it - I want to play. Guess I have to go to Lowe's again... lol
inge said…
hello Angela,

the colors really look like a rainbow ! You let the gesso dry completely before you put on the metaltape ? Does this tape sticks on its own on the gesso ? And how did you apply the alcohol inks between the textured "ups and downs" ?

greetings from Belgium
Inge
cheri lynn said…
Very nice! I love AI too and love all the colors! Isnt T!m the best!!!
WOW Angela....That's FUN!!!
Sara Carns said…
Love it!!! Gorgeous colors! Gotta love those inks!!!
Dorothy said…
Wow, soooo prettty!!!
Tammy Freiborg said…
How wonderful to have a sister that you can share art with! Love your tag and your sister's little tag pockets/book.
Timaree said…
I like alcohol inks but haven't quite figured out where they work for me. I do have some flat metal tape in my drawer. Maybe I can do what you did here and use it in my journal somehow. Hmmm, you have me thinking.
Timaree
Anonymous said…
Brilliant. Both the idea and the colours! What a great way to create texture that you can alcohol ink. Now I have to go try this!
arlene said…
I luv you tag...very interesting and absolutely wonderful! very vibrant...
excellent
hugs

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday